Wednesday 21 March 2012

March 18th - Kathamandu

We just arrived in Nepal. The journey went so smooth too..for once!! The 16hr stop over flew by and we got to Kathmandu airport, got our visas, collected our baggage, all so easily. Too easily! We got outside and are met with as barrage of taxi guys. Our guest house came with free airport transfer, wasn't sure if they would actually meet us though.

After about thirty seconds outside some random Nepalese guy turns to me and asks if I'm Lisa? After my response there is a Chinese whispers...or more like shouts, "hey, I found Lisa," "Lisa's over here," and so on until it reaches the guy who's picking us up holding a handwritten sign with my name! I felt like a bloody movie star!

He brought us to his miniature van and off we set for the guest house. The roads, buildings, streets and people are like nothing I saw in Thailand, it is completely completely authentic. No high rises, brightly coloured block buildings stacked on top of one another. Rubbish piled high in the river. Amazing Indian dress and colourful jewelry. No 7/11's!

We got to our lovely little guest house, looks like something I'd imagine to find in Russia?! We are welcomed with Nepalese tea and told about the area and what we should do.
Oh I never mentioned.....ITS ALMOST COLD HERE!! Well 21 degrees but it is the most refreshing air we have felt since the 31st of January!

We went outside to explore. I have never never never experienced such a sensory overload. The photos will have to explain...








these are pictures of the main river than runs through the city..

 We got back and met the guys who own the guest house, Amit and Sabeen. They are amazingly welcoming and extremely cool, down to earth guys. We stayed up late drinking in their chill out room.


Nepal....you are our new love..............



No comments:

Post a Comment