Thursday 8 March 2012

3rd March - Penang to Taman Negara

I can't believe it's the third of March!!! Time is flying! I remember being just a few days into our travelling when we were in Kanchanaburi. I was asking myself how was I going to do this trip, it just seemed so immense, but now it's just so normal. If I had to stop now and go back to reality it would be so disappointing. It's mad how you settle in to something so new.

We're on the bus to Taman Negara at the moment. Its a 10hour journey, six hours on the night bus, then we arrive somewhere at 4am and have to arrange our own transport onwards to Taman Negara so who knows how long or even how we will get there, but there's always a way!

Today we relaxed. I read the paper, Luke edited his photos, very nice to actually chill out. We need to start allocating more time for that in our journey. When we get somewhere we feel you have to go everywhere see everything but they the days you have to yourself are just as important I guess.
I leave Penang with a different view to when we arrived. Although it is shockingly built up in still has some beautiful architecture and wonderful people. I'm excited to get moving again though and check out this rainforest.

Going to try get some sleep although the gear box on this bus sounds like it could explode at any minute. Better dig the ear plugs out of my bag and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just came across your blog, and I'll be working in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at the end of the month. After I finish work, I have a week to travel in Malaysia. I was thinking of visiting Taman Negara and Penang. Was Taman Negara worth the visit? And was the 10 hr bus ride from Taman Negara to Penang bearable? Also, are there any other places/things to do in Malaysia that you would recommend? Really enjoy your blog! -Julia

    ReplyDelete