Wednesday 21 March 2012

March 15th return to bangkok

So we arrived in Bangkok just two hours later than expected, which is fantastic considering our luck with trains here! We made our way to Ko San road to find a hostel. Neither of us were prepared for the awful sensory overload of this road. We got there at 9pm, in the middle of the chaos of the night market/party pubs. We were pretty tired at this stage and battled our way through the crowds to find some place to sleep.
We took the first reasonably priced place we came across.

We checked in and found our room. I went into the bathroom and as I came out I met Luke standing in front of we holding a towel like a weapon with a wild look in his eyes. What are you at? He pointed at the wall behind me and there sat a cockroach almost the size of my hand.

It was completely repulsive. We spent about 15minutes trying to lure it away from our room. Eventually it worked and he ran down the hallway.

We went to the night market and had some food, so so tired so came back to hit the hay. As I lat down on the bed I could see all these tiny black bugs crawling around. I've never seen anything like them. I pointed them out to Luke and he squashed a few, which left blood stains on the mattress. Lovely, these were blood suckers.

The reception was closed at this stage so there was no one to confront about them. We wrapped ourselves tight in our sleeping bags, hoping it would keep them out. I felt like I didn't sleep a wink that night, I lay looking at the window wishing for daylight. As soon as it was bright we fled the hostel.

I dread to think what those bugs were. Considering the amount of places we've stayed so far it's pretty good going that that was the first manky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment